Friday, December 3, 2010

Village Market


Last weekend I spent two amazing days at a coconut farm five hours outside of Bangalore. There were trips to temples (a post is on its way), beers around the campfire and the village India I had only read about in books.

The countryside, the farm and the villages were beautiful. But, just when I thought the weekend had come to an end, there was one last stop at a local market to top it off.

I couldn’t help but pull out my camera and begin snapping away. I have found that a smile and a thumbs up are a common language not to be underestimated. For a half hour I moved through onion, lentil, ginger, banana and spice tents. I dipped around fashion stands, candy stalls and rope vendors.

After each photo I would spin the camera around and let my subjects see their portraits. I patted backs and laughed with the locals. It was the kind of morning I won’t soon forget.











No comments:

Post a Comment