Saturday, October 9, 2010

Won't you be my neighbor?

I am, by own admission, not a very good photographer. I have never taken a class and my miniature Canon PowerShot often leaves me feeling like I have brought a knife to a gun fight whenever I encounter another photographer taking shots of the same site.

Luckily for me, India can make really bad photographers look pretty good. I don't want to sound this cliche but the colors here are fantastic and the people immensely interesting.

Anyway, Part 1 from a walk around the neighborhood.




My neighborhood, Richmond Town, is in large part very modern. There are gorgeous brand new apartment buildings, sparkling offices and a few really nice cafes. However, there are still some rough patches. Empty lots, piles of rubble, squatter shanties and the bit. I'm making this point because these photos are not a portrait but just a snapshot.






1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics, Conor! I enjoyed seeing my neighborhood through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete