Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A New Chapter

And back to Capitol Hill… I have little interest in changing the title of the blog but I returned to Washington two months ago. My time abroad already seems like a far-off moment tucked into a photo album. I have traded rickshaws for the DC metro and dumpling houses for Five Guys’ burgers.

If Washington was my far off, exotic adventure, and not home, what a destination it would be. The city is simply magnificent. Spring has come, with it Cherry Blossoms and a burst of activity on the Mall. L’Enfant’s elegant avenues are infested with tourists but this year I don’t seem to mind the plague.

To watch a 10 year old boy look onto the Capitol or the Lincoln Memorial for the first time will get you if you’re not careful. I suppose a little flag waving isn’t such a bad thing.

So, I’m going to begin writing again. I’m going to give Washington the same attention I gave Bangalore, Hong Kong or Taipei.

It’s good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. Carry your camera with you to work, I'm sure you can get some sweet pictures, especially in the morning before the masses come flooding in.

    Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete